Go Back   Shipping History > Swinging The Lamp (Off Topic) > The Pig & Whistle

Do we ever learn?

Old 20th May 2017, 09:04

Do we ever learn?

Yes at it again. Popped down to the local last night determined to have just a couple coz I have a busy day ahead. Ended up 'on the lash' again! Now contemplating the day with a stinking bad head and to much to do. Why oh why do I never learn? Do any of us ever learn? I'm seriously considering going teetotal.
Old 20th May 2017, 09:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevjacko View Post
Yes at it again. Popped down to the local last night determined to have just a couple coz I have a busy day ahead. Ended up 'on the lash' again! Now contemplating the day with a stinking bad head and to much to do. Why oh why do I never learn? Do any of us ever learn? I'm seriously considering going teetotal.

Been TT for over a year now, hangovers were nay good, more sense when you are in your seventies

Ray
Old 20th May 2017, 10:12

A hangover ? .... you mean ? you mean ? .... there's another way to feel ??!!

Old 20th May 2017, 10:34

Like all drugs keeping up the intake minimises the effects of withdrawal. Rarely have anything like a hangover but then again rarely have that much blood circulating.

Boy, am I going to feel ill when I get my taste back and this abstemious 'holiday' is over.
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan
Old 20th May 2017, 17:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobClay View Post
A hangover ? .... you mean ? you mean ? .... there's another way to feel ??!!

Apparently yes ......
Old 20th May 2017, 18:09

kev .we never learn .I can have the odd beer now and then .but last week chatting to my son whilst in my bed ,had a jack daniels with him and then a couple more ...big mistake but I did not refuse them .he said what the hell dad enjoy them while you can which I did .but the next 2 days I was knocked out.I had been warned by my cardiac team the a LITTLE on was ok now and then ...never again more than one .he was as bad the next day as well cos his were four fingers at a time.cheers
Old 21st May 2017, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony allen View Post
kev .we never learn .I can have the odd beer now and then .but last week chatting to my son whilst in my bed ,had a jack daniels with him and then a couple more ...big mistake but I did not refuse them .he said what the hell dad enjoy them while you can which I did .but the next 2 days I was knocked out.I had been warned by my cardiac team the a LITTLE on was ok now and then ...never again more than one .he was as bad the next day as well cos his were four fingers at a time.cheers
Good on yer though Tony, I'm shortly entering a period of life where adjustments will need to be made as first grandchild is on the way. Mum and Dad both live with us so life will become busy. I want to be an active Grandad and play a physical part in the young ones upbringing. I guess that means the days of lock ins in the local until stupid o'clock in the morning are numbered. Truth be told waking this morning with a clear head getting ready for a good hike I don't really mind. Maybe it is time to slow down a bit.
Old 21st May 2017, 13:19

I think I've solved that problem. I just take a longer route to and from the pub ...
Old 21st May 2017, 14:10

Quote:
Good on yer though Tony, I'm shortly entering a period of life where adjustments will need to be made as first grandchild is on the way. Mum and Dad both live with us so life will become busy. I want to be an active Grandad and play a physical part in the young ones upbringing. I guess that means the days of lock ins in the local until stupid o'clock in the morning are numbered. Truth be told waking this morning with a clear head getting ready for a good hike I don't really mind. Maybe it is time to slow down a bit.
kev when you have your first grandchild and they start to grow you start to say to yourself why did I not have them first.hahha cos you have more time for them .now.. you where so busy working when your own kids were growing up .when my son gave me my pills this morning they both came in and said morning grandad .if your still tired go back to sleep SO I did hahaha.now for our big game today fingers crossed .cheers
Old 21st May 2017, 20:36

Quote:
I think I've solved that problem. I just take a longer route to and from the pub ...
Ever the practical Bob, the ideas there..... Me n Mrs kevjacko tried that today. Walked a meandering 6 miles along the Tyne to Newcastle Quayside market, then up the hill through the city to The Percy arms. That's where it all started to go wrong....
Old 21st May 2017, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony allen View Post
kev
now for our big game today fingers crossed .cheers
Result Tony, reeesult.....
Old 21st May 2017, 21:18

Talking

Quote:
Visiting all the other pubs on the way
Old 21st May 2017, 21:56

Quote:
Result Tony, reeesult.....
thanks KEV still have to go thru the playoff first .and fell of the wagon again ..soon as it was over and I stopped shouting my son brought me a jack daniels and said have that one now we can all have a rest from your shouting in your room ,hahahaha cheers mate
Old 21st May 2017, 22:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVIDJM View Post
Visiting all the other pubs on the way
When I lived in my home town that could have been a problem. But village life is different. Our village has two pubs (which at least makes a pub-crawl easy) and my local is the nearest one.

Although when I do visit the far one (nearly three hundred yards further away) I do pop in to my local on the way back.

Another source of exercise is the constant battle against velociraptors and tyrannosaurs I have on my way home. (Good beer in my local.)