Go Back   Shipping History > Shipping Discussion > Mess Deck

virtual crazy gang, part II

Old 19th April 2017, 01:14

virtual crazy gang, part II

The Golden Dreamer has sailed from Easter Island under the command of Farmer John. We are headed for that little dot on the map thingy. Little bit of sneaky salvaging to do there while we are waiting for our lazy agent to find us a job or charter.
Our new deck supervisor Red 17 is bronzeying up on monkey island. Appears to have lost the top half of her Bikini. if anyone see's it around please take it up to her
Old 19th April 2017, 01:22

Tom, our illustrious Captain is on shore leave. also Laura, ships artist, Pats our lady bosun and of course CED who is rather busy ashore right now. Sister Eleff flits in and out on her personal transporter (Broomhilda) as required. I think she id due back aboard to give us all out annual jabs to protect us from most things we may pick up ashore.
Old 19th April 2017, 09:04

welcome back Tom. Steward! bottle of foue bells please for Tom
Old 19th April 2017, 10:47

Well this is jolly. Glad you had a good trip ashore Tom, despite the inclement weather. I always find Easter is about two weeks too early for reliable outdoor activities, but at least your bum doesn't get sunburnt.

As you know, access to the Monkey Island is via a ladder just outside my cabin door. The queue of people holding small pieces of rag would suggest that many have never seen a female wearing a bikini, a handkerchief is not a convincing "find" for red-17's lost top. Leave the good person alone, she will think we are uncivilised. Which we are, but try a bit, for prides sake.
Old 19th April 2017, 22:36

Just a few watches, and we will be at our primary destination. Tom, I hope you have been fully briefed, everyone else, information on a need to know basis. Any chance of a roll call, perhaps we can track down crew members who may not have made their way here safely. Shipping history in a Google search will not get you here. Personal contact would help.
Old 20th April 2017, 00:07

I'm in Farmer John. NO SMILIES!? What sort of site IS this?

Do I really need to do the Hello thingy again??
Old 20th April 2017, 01:17

Red 17, The origional site went to overseas interest a long time ago. since then there have been some problems with it. This is the new site and we have our Captain Steve back in charge along with our noble crew of Moderators, technicians. So we are to be one happy family again.
Old 20th April 2017, 03:01

[SIZE="6"]Thank you for clearing that up for me Billy boy and I see we have some smilies with us this time round. Does this move mean that we have lost the history of TVCG.

Congratulations to Capt. Steve et al. The new site looks crisp and clean. Long may she sail.
Old 20th April 2017, 08:37

Steward!..Please check out my scuba gear and tanks...oh and check out the moonpool winch and steel basket too while you are at it.
Old 20th April 2017, 10:38

Injuns and all sekreat machenery gear now safely transferred from the GD Mk 1.... I'll soon have this new pit just like the old one and it's still strictly off limits to anyone not invited.

Squeek has settled in while nursing a sore head....(I don't wanna know ) while Eric appears overwhelmed by the move and is currently cowering under the tank top plates

The BIG RED button is now operational but only to be used in an emergency.... so deckie type persons keep yer paws aff !!!!!!!

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried

Anything God didn't create was made by engineers.

I try so hard to make things idiot proof but they keep making better idiots
Old 20th April 2017, 11:17

Nice to see we all ship shape (did I spell that right) and Bristol fashion. Soon be time to boost the coffers. we got some gold bars to salvage Tom.
Speaking of Bristols I see that red 17 has found the top half of her bikini so lets all concentrate on the job in hand lads. Free bar on me till midnight. ring the engine room and let Tmac know please Steward.
Old 20th April 2017, 11:21

I'm relieved to see that you are still on board Tmac, things just wouldn't be the same without you and your crew. A little tip re Squeek and Eric. Keep all literature from Varley away from Squeek and don't mention the mules to Eric.

I was SURE that you were at the Easter egg hunt!
PS. Luv your new photo' .
Old 20th April 2017, 11:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
Nice to see we all ship shape (did I spell that right) and Bristol fashion. Soon be time to boost the coffers. we got some gold bars to salvage Tom.
Speaking of Bristols I see that red 17 has found the top half of her bikini so lets all concentrate on the job in hand lads. Free bar on me till midnight. ring the engine room and let Tmac know please Steward.
It's Red with a capital 'R' billyboy and yes, I did find my top, no thanks to the crew member (who shall remain nameless) who had it under his pillow! What he thought he was going to do with it heaven only knows.
Old 20th April 2017, 11:45

Often seen you lot sailing past - Thought 'Oh my Gawd, what's that?'
Glad to see you all getting settled in.
Any room for a passenger?
Wont be any trouble, honest...
Old 20th April 2017, 12:43

Now that GD has developed twin hulls do we have to be re-certificated? What of the 'ride quality' I hear these things referred to as vomit comets. With the cost of what we pour down us I wouldn't like to see it again coming the other way.

I note Doncontrols has gone below with Tmac perhaps he will heed my remark on smoke (not sure if Don is on the strength or visiting contractor). Only make smoke when ordered from the bridge. Of course it may be a different effusion to that of the infernal combustion variety its source being indistinguishable from the funnel suite (presumably we now have two funnels therefore two suites to go with same), Sir William? Oh, no. Not two Sir Williams too?

I take it we won't have any argument about who is in command of which hull. Passengers? We have twice the room now but I'm afraid the temperance saloon has been sacrificed in the conversion. Is that a problem?

Captain Steve? As far as I know he has not lowered himself to a trip on the GD he is probably a fleet manager type, Uncle Steve, known for polite telex tutorials from the Kremlin on where he would like us to go and, usually, how quickly. He has often offered us the assistance of a tug named 'Handcart'.

Last edited by Varley; 5th June 2018 at 12:03.
Old 20th April 2017, 13:18

Malcolm G. welcome aboard. you could be in charge of the crews bar. Dont worry the plastic stewards do all the work. Mines a large Malt by the way. if you look in the wine rack you wind a bottle of very old vintage port. Varley is rather partial to that with a nice cigar.
Old 20th April 2017, 13:20

By the way. The engine room is highly classified territory. admission only permitted by invitation from Tmac.
Old 20th April 2017, 13:22

Thank you for pointing that error out to me Red 17. slip of the finger you know. (age thing really ha ha
Old 20th April 2017, 17:46

Tom, have you made it to GD 1? I was thinking that we should have a Board of Trade Sports, and Red-17 was disappointed at missing using the Rolls Royce engined tender, we also need some type of tender when we are doing the diving. The diving tender might blow our cover, so what about combining all three?

If you have not made the transfer, perhaps you could say so.
Old 20th April 2017, 18:01

Any chance we could space the two hulls a little further apart? I have in mind we could squeeze in a croquet lawn with another metre or two. Do we want to keep the gripestill on the older hull or move it across?
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan
Old 20th April 2017, 18:41

David V - Temperance saloon? What's that? - A 1960s Jazz band comes to mind.
Vintage port, don't mind if I do, ta very much.
I would drink vintage Italian wines but as the Italians will tell you, they drink it all long before it has chance to get too old.

If Tmac is in one engine room one could always sneak a peek in the other one, maybe....
Old 20th April 2017, 20:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer John View Post
Tom, have you made it to GD 1? I was thinking that we should have a Board of Trade Sports, and Red-17 was disappointed at missing using the Rolls Royce engined tender, we also need some type of tender when we are doing the diving. The diving tender might blow our cover, so what about combining all three?

If you have not made the transfer, perhaps you could say so.
Yes I have made the transfer, but I must admit things have sure left me behind -- lot of catching up to do!

About the Diving tender, surely Tmac transferred over the cloaking device?? We can then take Red for the ride she was looking forward to -- if she keeps her bikini on that will draw everyone's attention away from what we are doing anyway.
Old 20th April 2017, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-17 View Post
It's Red with a capital 'R' billyboy and yes, I did find my top, no thanks to the crew member (who shall remain nameless) who had it under his pillow! What he thought he was going to do with it heaven only knows.
I think he thought your top was a pair of ear muffs (size XL?) --saving it (them?) for when we get into cooler climes.
Old 20th April 2017, 20:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
welcome back Tom. Steward! bottle of foue bells please for Tom
Thanks for the welcome Sir William -- love your Avatar -- I was born in West Ham -- "Up the 'ammers"
Old 20th April 2017, 23:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Alexander View Post
Thanks for the welcome Sir William -- love your Avatar -- I was born in West Ham -- "Up the 'ammers"
COYi......