Go Back   Shipping History > Members Area > Say Hello

A questionnaire for completion of degree program

Old 4th May 2019, 21:34

Post A questionnaire for completion of degree program

Dear Pilots/Master/Deck Officers/Deck Cadets,

This is Apple Yeung, a student studying Bachelor degree of Maritime Operation Management at Solent University. I am currently working on a Project researching the topic Preventing Collision Caused by Human Factors in Hong Kong Waters. I write this to invite you to participate in this survey. This survey is part of my completion of degree program.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link
Thank you very much!
Old 5th May 2019, 12:05
Super Moderator

Members,

This has been posted on SN as well and my advice is to ignore it. You are unable to view the full survey form and the questions before you agree to take it. If the poster will post a read only of the questions then you can decide yourself whether to take the survey.

Unless this is forthcoming do not do it.

Neville
Old 5th May 2019, 20:53

I am a student and this is my first time to do the survey like this.
I am very sorry for this mistake.
Please give me a chance to correct it.

This questionnaire have 18 questions, and all of them focus on the relationship between human factors and Collision within Hong Kong waters.
The questions are the following.

A critical question before the questionnaire: Have you ever navigated within Hong Kong waters?

Section A: Personnel Characteristics
1 What is your age? 18-25 26-35 36-45 46-55 56-65 Above 66
2 How long have you been working on board? i.e. Navigational Experience 1-10
Years 11-20
Years 21-30
Years 31-40
Years Above
41 Years
3 What is your latest rank onboard? Master Pilot Deck Officer Cadet

Section B: Survey Questionnaire
1. Do you agree that there are lots of marine accidents within Hong Kong waters?
2. Do you agree that Collision is the major type of marine accidents in Hong Kong?
3. Do you agree that Human Factors is the most relative cause that contributes to Collision within Hong Kong waters?
4. Do you agree that Fatigue takes the great part of human factors which cause Collision within Hong Kong waters?
e.g. Alertness reduced
5. Do you agree that Inadequate Communications takes the great part of human factors which cause Collision within Hong Kong waters? e.g. Misunderstanding of each other
6. Do you agree that Inadequate General Technical Knowledge takes the great part of human factors which cause Collision within Hong Kong waters? e.g. Lack of knowledge of the proper usage of navigational equipment, Not proficient to operate equipment
7. Do you agree that Poor Judgement takes the great part of human factors which cause Collision within Hong Kong waters? e.g. Decisions making based on insufficient information, Take actions too late
8. Do you agree that Policies and Culture is an effective solution of minimizing human factors which contributes to Collision in Hong Kong? e.g. Establishing safe work loads and schedules based on normal human physiological limitations and requirements, Creating easily-understood and achievable company policy
9. Do you agree that Workplace Design is an effective solution of minimizing human factors which contributes to Collision in Hong Kong? e.g. Equipping ships with new technologies
10. Do you agree that Environmental Control is an effective solution of minimizing human factors which contributes to Collision in Hong Kong? e.g. Temperature, Humidity, Lighting, Noise
11. Do you agree that Personnel Selection is an effective solution of minimizing human factors which contributes to Collision in Hong Kong? i.e. Finding the right people for the specific duty
12. Do you agree that Training and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) is an effective solution of minimizing human factors which contributes to Collision in Hong Kong?
13. Do you agree that Interpersonal Interaction (Communication) is an effective solution of minimizing human factors which contributes to Collision in Hong Kong? e.g. Adequate communication
14. Do you agree that Job Aids is an effective solution of minimizing human factors which contributes to Collision in Hong Kong? e.g. Hazard identification, Operator and maintainer manuals, Specific operating procedures
15. Do you agree that Fitness for Duty is an effective solution of minimizing human factors which contributes to Collision in Hong Kong? i.e. Crews are actually fit for duty in mental and physiological conditions
The End.

I would be very grateful if you can participate in this questionnaire. But certainly, you have a right to decide whether to participate in it.

And I feel sorry again for this kind of mistake. I will learn from it and do it better in the future.

At last, thank you for reading my post.
Old 6th May 2019, 12:26
Super Moderator

Appopo,

Thank you for your post. That clarifies your request and now members can see and decide as
whether they can help you.

Neville
Old 6th May 2019, 12:30
Super Moderator

Appopo,

To help you I have copied the read only to the other site as well.

Neville
Old 6th May 2019, 19:15

Neville,

Thank you for your help and reminder of my mistake.