Go Back   Shipping History > Swinging The Lamp (Off Topic) > Stormy Weather

Australian Open

Old 16th January 2022, 08:28

Location: Mundrabilla (haha), Melbourne really but I'd rather be in Narvik
Australian Open

He's gone.

Unanimous Federal Court decision. Novax to pay costs. Presumably outed from Oz for three years.

Last edited by YM-Mundrabilla; 16th January 2022 at 08:31.
Old 16th January 2022, 09:24

Won’t be needed then…
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 98C2B7E7-F2A5-4687-8BB7-C38822B61B4C.jpeg (236.5 KB, 33 views)
Old 16th January 2022, 12:53

Judge Anthony Kelly heading for posting to Cape York or Mundrabilla District Court. Not a high flyer.
Old 16th January 2022, 13:25

Novax Novak Jockevicted.
Old 16th January 2022, 16:00

I have to say that there seems nothing reported by the media that strikes me as being of 'substance'. Human and natural disasters being perhaps the exceptions.

Those who presumably left school early to be good at games have not only their own media slots but their comings and goings help fill the proper news alongside some inconsequential (but admittedly grossly insensitive) unparty-going around Downing street and the goings on of foreign tarts mining/continuing to mine what they hope is a rich seam of gold. An opposition who scream 'resign' at every misdemeanor of the government has not been news since Cromwell invoked his God to the same ends. What is going on now is akin to firing capable if unpleasant pilot for farting on the bridge.

Did their electorates think Johnson or Trump were the perfectly mannered discrete gentlemen the world now pretends it expected of them? If they did then they must simply consider making their beds in which they will be more comfortable to recline next time.

What the media will do when the pandemic eases is another guess to be had. I have a small bet they will switch from wishing the health service to be overwhelmed (as they have been since hearing the word two years ago) to complaining that they are failing because of bad management and lack of funds as they used to.

I note disgusted of Tunbridge Wells has stopped writing to the Times. There is just so much the yeoman curmudgeon can take and as a worthy member of that demographic I think we have just about taken it.
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan
Old 17th January 2022, 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varley View Post
I have to say that there seems nothing reported by the media that strikes me as being of 'substance'. Human and natural disasters being perhaps the exceptions.

Those who presumably left school early to be good at games have not only their own media slots but their comings and goings help fill the proper news alongside some inconsequential (but admittedly grossly insensitive) unparty-going around Downing street and the goings on of foreign tarts mining/continuing to mine what they hope is a rich seam of gold. An opposition who scream 'resign' at every misdemeanor of the government has not been news since Cromwell invoked his God to the same ends. What is going on now is akin to firing capable if unpleasant pilot for farting on the bridge.

Did their electorates think Johnson or Trump were the perfectly mannered discrete gentlemen the world now pretends it expected of them? If they did then they must simply consider making their beds in which they will be more comfortable to recline next time.

What the media will do when the pandemic eases is another guess to be had. I have a small bet they will switch from wishing the health service to be overwhelmed (as they have been since hearing the word two years ago) to complaining that they are failing because of bad management and lack of funds as they used to.

I note disgusted of Tunbridge Wells has stopped writing to the Times. There is just so much the yeoman curmudgeon can take and as a worthy member of that demographic I think we have just about taken it.
David, I thought it was the Sun newspaper who invoked the assistance of God in a campaign to replace the England Football manager ! As for disgusted of Tunbridge Wells, I think he cancelled his subscription to the Times in fear of being cancelled himself by his more woke acquaintances. The man on the Clapham omnibus has been unable to pen his outraged missives on the upper deck as was his wont, due to services being severely curtailed because of drivers and conductors self isolating for 10 days,. (Or is it 7? or indeed 5? even though it's really 6 now.)

Regards,

Roy.
Old 17th January 2022, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by YM-Mundrabilla View Post
He's gone.

Unanimous Federal Court decision. Novax to pay costs. Presumably outed from Oz for three years.

Best result possible !

Mac
Old 17th January 2022, 13:05

After watching Novak Djokovic's parents on TV ranting about their son being tortured in Australia I believe there is no hope for the Balkans and soon they will be throwing each other into garden shredders once again.