Go Back   Shipping History > Members Area > Looking for Information on Shipmates, Ships, Family or Friends?

TNA error ?

Old 19th May 2017, 16:35

TNA error ?

Nine days ago I accessed the Archive to track down the ss Bengloe's movements early in the war. I received the folder, unfortunately two days later it was unavailable and this sign was displayed -

"Sorry, there has been an error on our website
What now?
The error has been recorded by our system and will be resolved as soon as possible.
We recommend you start again from the Discovery home page or browse for what you were looking for."

Unfortunately it is still in error, I understand it should be available for thirty days, has any other member had similar problems ?. It is the first time I have used the website without aid, unfortunately I had made no print copy.. I don't think it has anything to do with the recent cyber attack. I was reluctant to start browsing as I have paid my money, lack expertise, and expected that they would sort it out.
Any help appreciated.
Old 20th May 2017, 09:51

Bill,

BENGLOEs movements are held at Kew in piece BT 389/4/80
The file can be downloaded for £3.50. Appears ok to me although I haven't gone beyond looking it up.

Did they not also send you an email with the file reference. If so can you send it to me and I will take a look. It will not have anything to do with the cyber attack.

Regards
Hugh
Paid it in full”